The Health & Safety Lead will be responsible for interfacing with all Partners on health and safety matters for projects within the Construction programme, reporting to the Head of Environment, Safety, Heath, Quality and Wellbeing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of Health & Safety Managers aligned to each of the projects.
- Work with peers in other disciplines, and Partners, to ensure creation of coherent and integrated polices and systems in line with the Target Operating Model for the programme.
- Participate in leading, creating, maintaining, and improving health, safety, and wellbeing in relation to site activities.
- Lead, create, develop, and maintain the Health & Safety Management Plan, Safety Management documents, plan and implement H&S campaigns and organise H&S audits.
- Maintain and develop continuous improvement of Partners, third party stakeholders, and Client health & safety systems, policies, procedures, and work instructions, to improve efficiency, meet developing organisational requirements and appropriate internal, external, and regulatory standards.
- Influence multi-disciplinary project teams on health and safety issues relating to concept design, pre-construction planning, decommissioning & project evolution.
- Develop timely project-based health and safety risk profiles to direct risk-based inspection and other assurance activities as may be necessary.
To apply, you must have chartered status and appropriate professional memberships. CMIOSH or equivalent or working towards. NEBOSH HSE Diploma or European equivalent. You have significant understanding of HSE and the legislation and experience relevant to working within a Residential/commercial build environment.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities the client has to offer.