A boutique environmental services firm is seeking a Corporate Environmental Safety and Risk Manager to join their team in Fremont, CA. The Risk Manager will determine financial, safety and security risks for the company facilities, and will create plans to prevent and mitigate those risks through planning and problem-solving. This is a highly visible role within the organization and the successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with key business leaders to ensure sites are operating in compliance with local, federal, and corporate EHS standards. This is an opportunity to join a stable company with competitive benefits.
- Oversees the administration of property insurance issues and assists the VP in the negotiation and application for general liability, auto liability, workers compensation and various other corporate policies
- Conducts risk assessments, collect and analyze documentation, statistics, reports as necessary
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks throughout the organization
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff
- Conducts frequent compliance inspections of facilities and operations and inspects facility for health, safety and environmental hazards
- Work alongside industry regulatory bodies (CalOSHA) to ensure compliance to any and all relevant local, state or federal legislation
- Oversees the investigation and documentation of injuries and incident
- Travel to Los Angeles monthly.
- 8 years of progressive risk management experience
- Industry experience from waste management or commercial real estate preferred
- Strong understanding of CalOSHA
- Ability to communicate risk and safety processes in Spanish
- Bachelor's degree in Safety or Risk Management is preferred, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Must possess a valid class C Drivers License.