Shirley Parsons is working with a world-renowned research institution on the cutting edge of innovation and discovery. As our client continues to grow and expand operations, they are seeking a talented and passionate Chief Electrical Safety Officer to ensure the highest standards of electrical safety. As the Chief Electrical Safety Officer, you will play a critical role in maintaining the safety and reliability of electrical systems across our organization. You will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive electrical safety programs and protocols, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring compliance with all relevant safety regulations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive electrical safety programs and policies to safeguard personnel, equipment, and facilities.
- Conduct thorough electrical safety assessments and audits, identifying potential hazards and recommending corrective actions.
- Collaborate with engineering, maintenance, and research teams to ensure that electrical systems meet safety standards and integrate seamlessly into ongoing projects.
- Monitor and enforce electrical safety procedures, ensuring that all employees are well-trained and equipped to perform their duties safely.
- Stay up-to-date with industry regulations and best practices, and adapt the safety program accordingly.
- Investigate and report on any electrical safety incidents or violations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead the emergency response team for electrical safety incidents.
- Serve as the main point of contact for regulatory agencies, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal electrical safety standards.
- Manage a team of electrical safety professionals and oversee their development and training.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience in electrical safety management.
- Detailed and expert working knowledge of and demonstrated ability applying OSHA, DOE, NFPA, and IEEE electrical safety requirements.
- NFPA 70E Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (CESCP) or ability to obtain certification within one year.
- CIH or CSP preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.