A global pharmaceutical manufacturer and developer is seeking an EHS Associate Director to lead their companywide EHS program at their Edison, NJ area facility. The incumbent will partner with key stakeholders at various levels of the business, driving visibility and engagement. The Associate Director will manage a small team of EHS professionals, reporting to Executive EHS Director.
- Developing, strategizing and implementing a long-term plan for the EHS function
- Influences senior management to drive accountability and EHS performance
- Driving a culture of safety across the business to reduce injuries and accidents
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the EHS function, integrating tactical and strategic EHS planning
- Monitors program compliance and conducts EHS audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering or a related technical field
- 8+ years of progressive EHS experience, including management experience
- EHS experience within high-risk industries, including chemical, petroleum, and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- CSP, CIH, CHMM (or similar) preferred
- Experience of successful program management and leading teams of EHS professionals