A leading wastewater disposal and collection company is looking to appoint an Environmental Compliance Director to oversee environmental compliance across the organization and its facilities. The position would ideally be based near Dallas, TX and would require nationwide travel to associated plant locations. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join and industry leader, where you will be given the platform to succeed in the role.
- Develop and implement environmental programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and site permit and regulatory requirements
- Complete environmental site inspections and audits providing recommendations and ensuring follow-up on corrective actions
- Lead the investigation of all facility Notice of Violations and coordinate the development of action plans
- Create and manage the company database for all regulatory permits and related documents
- Support the company-owned facility operations by providing counsel on waste characterization, used oil compliance, CWT compliance, TCEQ Type V compliance, Permit renewals, temporary authorizations and other operational activities that impact compliance.
- Represent the company and liaise with regulatory agencies, permit writers and inspectors
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering, Science or related discipline (required)
- Circa. 5 years leadership experience working with environmental compliance programs, within a similar industry
- Previous experience with waste/wastewater treatment facilities (highly preferred)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization
- Based near Dallas, TX and happy to travel as required (circa 40%)