Head of Health And Safety
£58972 to £68525 plus NHS benefits.
We are supporting the NHS University Hospitals of Derby and Burton to appoint their Head of Health and Safety. The main base for this role is Burton. This is a great opportunity to provide a strategic lead to the Trust in ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive first class Health and Safety service throughout the organisation.
The Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for the following:
- To provide assurance to the Executive Director of People and Organisational Development that UHDB meets Health and Safety statutory requirements
- To provide assurance to the Executive Director of People and Organisational Development that UHDB meets the requirements of the NHSE Violence Reduction Standards
- To provide high quality Health & Safety and VPR services to UHDB
- Provide the management for the Health & Safety and VPRR Team
- To manage the Health & Safety budgets
- To co-ordinate the provision of health & safety and VPR compliance data to provide assurance for UHDB
- To support the Back Care Team with advice regarding legal compliance.
- Develop, review and update the Health and Safety and VPR provision, policies and supporting procedures at Trust level and monitor corporate and divisional compliance.
- Develop the business plan, and strategic approach for the development of health & safety and VPR to support the delivery of the Trust strategic vision, corporate objectives, statutory requirements and other key deliverables
- Oversee the management of non-patient safety incident reporting, investigations and risk assessment processes; leading the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of safe systems at work, ensuring lessons learnt are embedded and sustained across the Trust.
- Provide expert advice to senior leaders, supporting them to develop strategic plans across the Trust that ensure integration of sound health and safety management within business decisions.
The Head of Health and Safety will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma
- High standard of report writing skills
- Ability to travel to other sites as required
-Chartered Member of IOSH
Vacancy Reference: PR/027203
Vacancy Owner: Kim O'Brien | firstname.lastname@example.org | |