Head Of Process Safety
£80,000 - £100,000 + Car Package
Shirley Parsons are extremely proud to be representing our Oil, Energy and Utilities client based in Bath, for a once in a lifetime opportunity working on some extremely exciting projects!
you will provide companywide leadership for the development and implementation of process safety management systems focused on delivering full regulatory compliance, effective management of process related risks and sustainable performance improvement.
You will also be responsible for setting out a vision and framework for how process safety should be developed, implemented, reviewed and reported.
The Head Of Process Safety will be responsible for:
- Engagement and communication on all process safety matters with key internal and external stakeholders including Water UK and regulators
- Providing direction, support and guidance to the process safety team and their line managers where required
- Development and communication of a PSMS aligned with the Energy Institute Framework and the company wide OHS system and standards
- Developing the strategic explosion and dangerous substance safety framework, ensuring documentation, processes, objectives and key performance indicators are in place for all relevant business areas
- Supporting site operations to drive continuous improvement through a reduction in process related incidents through root cause analysis, incident investigation, effective management of change (MOC), integrated mechanical integrity (MI) & maintenance practices, process hazard analysis and risk assessment methodologies and implementation of appropriate corrective actions
- Leading and directing the development and implementation of process safety facility standards and management systems to provide the foundation for regulatory compliance, management of risk, training / competency development, programme consistency and continual performance improvements
- Establishing, implementing, and reporting against key performance indicators (KPI) and other process safety performance metrics to ensure performance is monitored and key areas of risk are identified
- Overseeing site audits with respect to compliance with applicable process safety management, systems, regulations and standards. Reporting findings and tracking site and business closure of corrective actions.
- Leading the development of all process safety related standards, information and procedures in coordination with engineering, technology, maintenance and operational functions
The Head Of Process Safety will have:
- MSc and Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Ideally chartered status/membership of relevant industry body
- Minimum 5 years' experience and practical operational experience in working with an explosion safety engineering environment and applying various methods of hazard analysis and effective leadership
- Minimum 5 years DSEAR risk assessment experience gained in a high hazard industry including the zoning of hazardous areas
- Minimum 5 years' experience of dealing with the requirements and restrictions of COMAH
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory obligations, particularly DSEAR, ATEX, COMAH and associated approved codes and practice and British standards including BSEN-600-79
- Comprehensive knowledge of health & safety regulations
- Awareness of process safety requirements associated with biogas installations
Vacancy Reference: PR/026649
Vacancy Owner: Liam Gibbins | email@example.com | 01296 611342