Health and Safety Specialist
Fort William, Scotland
Strong Salary + bonus + benefits & Relocation package available
We have partnered with Alvance British Aluminium who are a leading specialist heavy industry manufacturing organisation based in Fort William, Scotland. This is a great opportunity to work on Europe's largest aluminium smelter, and the UK's only remaining aluminium smelter. ALVANCE's Fort William smelter is powered by GFG Alliance's hydroelectric station located on the slopes of Ben Nevis, Scotland's highest mountain.
Alvance British Aluminium are currently seeking a HSE Specialist to join the team. You will play a pivotal role in offering expert guidance on health and safety matters, working in close collaboration with operational managers to proactively mitigate risks. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing HSEQ standards across our entire business. This opportunity presents a unique chance to work on a complex site, and you will be joining a HSEQ team committed to advancing your professional and personal growth.
The Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for:
- Provide support to managers, supervisors, and employees on various specialist areas, including risk management, environment, hazardous substances, noise, manual handling, vibration, and occupational hygiene.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with company requirements, procedures, and governmental health, safety, and environmental legislation and regulations.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies such as HSE, SEPA, and other relevant organizations when necessary.
- Support departmental training and development initiatives related to health, safety, and environmental responsibilities, while fostering a strong HSE culture.
- Collaborate with departmental managers to conduct, review, and update risk assessments.
- Contribute to the ongoing management of ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 certifications.
The Health and Safety Specialist candidate will have:
- Ideally must have previous experience in a Heavy Industry manufacturing, chemical / Petrochemical / or O&G environment
- Previous experience with a HSE or Quality position
- ISO auditor qualification - ideally lead auditor trained would be advantageous
- Experience of HSEQ Management systems - IS0 14001, IS045001, ISO 9001 would be advantageous
- Nebosh GC or equivalent
Vacancy Reference: PR/027020
Vacancy Owner: Ryan Binnee | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+44) 1296 326383 | (+44) 7525 277330