Health, Safety and Fire Business Partner
Docklands / Stratford / Hybrid Working
Salary £45,000 - £48,000
We have partnered with The University of East London to appoint a Health, Safety and Fire Business Partner. The aim of this role will be to work with all levels of University staff and contractors, you will be visible in both presence and support, enabling excellence in Health and Safety and Fire Safety. You will help to drive a Zero Harm culture, assist the Estates and Facilities Team to implement and maintain the H&S Management System and to identify areas of improvement.
The Health, Safety and Fire Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Proactively identifying risks and assisting in devising appropriate controls.
- Undertaking inspections and audits to ensure controls are in place and working.
- Providing advice and guidance to staff at all levels of the organisation on H&S and Fire Safety issues.
- Leading the development of appropriate Risk Assessments, including Fire Risk Assessments
- Planning and delivering H&S and Fire Safety training
The Health, Safety and Fire Business Partner will have:
- NEBOSH General/ Construction or equivalent Certificate
- A Fire Safety qualification
- Experience working within Higher Education or similar environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Vacancy Reference: PR/027260
Vacancy Owner: Nathan Thompson | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07725258687