Contract (approx. 6 months)
About the job
In this new role as HSE Specialist, you have the important task of structurally raising the company's performance in the field of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) to an even higher level. You are the first point of contact when analyzing and preventing security incidents.
As a safety expert, you work independently, proactively and empathetically and know how to enthuse colleagues to build a "Strong Safety Culture" within the entire organization.
As a company, our client strives for a strong, integral safety culture, in which every employee feels responsible for safety. And day-to-day efforts to identify unsafe conditions and behavior and step forward to correct them. In your role as HSE Specialist, you will make an important contribution to the safety policy and the further embedding of our nine "Life Saving Rules".
Specific tasks are:
- Central coordination point for (near) accidents, unsafe situations and environmental incidents; perform incident analysis and follow up on necessary preventive and corrective measures.
- As an expert you are involved in drawing up risk analyzes (RI&E and TRA), improvement proposals (or having them implemented) and guidance in making business activities even healthier and safer.
- Organizing and conducting 'Safety rounds', workplace inspections, HSE information, Toolboxes and training using safety behavior programs on the hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Contribute to a stronger safety awareness in the organization and create leadership among employees in complying with internal safety rules and "Life-Saving Rules" from the industry.
- Concise and clear reports with relevant KPIs that provide a good picture of HSE performance and provide insight into opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for the assessment of the hazard and environmental aspects of the introduction of new substances and chemicals.
Competencies and experience:
- Completed education at HBO level towards technology, chemistry or similar supplemented by a completed MVK or HVK training.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Pragmatic, strong in planning and organizing, analytical, honest and a team player.
- Can communicate clearly at different levels, from management to shop floor.
- Good 'feelers' so that you know when coordination is needed and create support or apply enforcement and escalation.
- Specific knowledge in the field of machine safety and safety management systems such as ISO45001 is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Office software such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.
- A position in a dynamic, growing and innovative company
- A pleasant, open and challenging working atmosphere with enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary offered is dependent on education and experience
- Solid pension scheme
- 32 vacation days (based on 40 hours)
- Mileage reimbursement euro 0.19 /KM or an NS Businesscard (from 3 days/week at the office)
About the company
Young, dynamic and innovative company that designs and produces high-end Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) not only for the oil & gas industry, but also for other markets within the energy transition. The company is constantly evolving, it is a young multinational company that operates worldwide with a large number of employees of different nationalities.
TCP is a revolutionary product that has the potential to be an important alternative to steel in the oil & gas industry. The application of TCP makes it possible to work in an innovative way and also to carry out projects in the most cost-effective way.
The culture is entrepreneurial, pioneering and collegial. Together you'll build a unique product. You will be offered a position in a pleasant, open and challenging company with enthusiastic colleagues.
You are part of a team consisting of a Quality Engineer, Quality Controller and HSE Specialist; you report to the QESH Manager.
Vacancy Reference: CR/026732
Vacancy Owner: Ines Costa | firstname.lastname@example.org