Fort William, Scotland
Strong Salary + bonus + benefits & Relocation package available
We have partnered with Alvance British Aluminium who are a leading specialist heavy industry manufacturing organisation based in Fort William, Scotland. This is a great opportunity to work on Europe's largest aluminium smelter, and the UK's only remaining aluminium smelter. ALVANCE's Fort William smelter is powered by GFG Alliance's hydroelectric station located on the slopes of Ben Nevis, Scotland's highest mountain.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced HSEQ professional to join the team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing and enhancing our HSEQ management systems, fostering a positive safety culture, and ensuring compliance. This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a challenging and complex environment, collaborating closely with the HSEQ Manager and leading a team of 2 HSEQ specialists and an environmental specialist.
The HSEQ Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Develop, manage and maintain HSEQ policies and procedures
- As well as promoting a positive HSEQ culture across the business, you will provide day to day HSEQ advice to the business.
- You will be involved with carrying out accident investigations, risk assessments, audits, providing training, developing management systems and keeping abreast of new regulations
- Monitoring and developing Health and Safety performance within the business, ensuring standards and company objectives are met
- Drive HSEQ excellence across the site whilst working closely with the leadership team and employees
The HSEQ Supervisor candidate will have:
- Must have previous experience in a Heavy Industry manufacturing, chemical / Petro chemical / or O&G environment
- Any knowledge of experience of COMAH would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of HSEQ Management systems - IS0 14001, IS045001, ISO 9001 would be advantageous
- Nebosh GC, ideally working towards Diploma
- Team Management experience
Vacancy Reference: PR/027017
Vacancy Owner: Ryan Binnee | email@example.com | (+44) 1296 326383 | (+44) 7525 277330