A leading food & beverage manufacturing firm is looking to hire a Safety Manager to oversee the promotion of a safety-first culture, drive continuous improvement across all operations, and ensure compliance with all relevant government regulations. This is a highly visible role within the company that will require the individual to travel frequently to various sites in Southern California.
- Lead the overall strategy, initiatives, and regulatory compliance, while closely partnering with the existing safety team and key leaders across all sites to develop industry-leading safety programs and policies.
- Oversee the execution of a formal audit program to identify potential safety and environmental hazards, taking proactive steps with site leadership teams to mitigate various hazards.
- Continuously review and refine incident prevention programs as well as perform root cause investigation following incidents to identify their causes and develop preventive solutions that involve team members.
- 6+ years of leading, developing, implementing, and managing company-wide health and safety programs
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or EHS related field
- Professional EHS certifications such as ASP or CSP are preferred
- Strong experience implementing and developing safety programs including LOTO, Fall Protection, Confined Space etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to foster and influence the overall safety culture from leadership down to individual contributors