One of the North America's largest aggregates, cement and construction materials company is looking for a Safety Manager, to join their team in Mason City, IA. Based at one of their major plants you would be responsible for driving safety performance at jobsite level - ensuring a commitment towards safety excellence across all plant employees. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role.
Relocation Assistance will be provided to non-local candidates.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with the Safety Director in highlighting successes and core focus areas, in order to continually develop the safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits at the Plant, as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA & MSHA
- A self-starter, with strong communication skills who can engage with internal & external stakeholders alike
- At a minimum 3-5 years hands on safety experience in either aggregates, mining/cement or similar heavy-manufacturing industries
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies e.g. OSHA & MSHA
- Based near Mason City, IA (Relocation Assistance will be provided to non-local candidates)