Shirley Parsons has been exclusively retained to recruit a Senior Director of EH&S, to join a leading emissions control solutions provider, focused within the industrial, coal-fired utilities and municipal water markets. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership & direction for all EH&S matters across the organization.
This role will be based at their largest facility located in Coushatta, LA, just outside Shreveport. This is a on-site position and will require the candidates to live locally in the greater Shreveport area. Relocation assistance will be provided for non-local candidates.
- Develop and implement a shared service model for all EH&S functions company-wide
- Ensure that all EH&S compliance requirements are consistently met to ensure a best in class EH&S program and culture across the organization
- Analyze and communicate trends within the scope of the EH&S function; make appropriate and timely recommendations to Executive Leadership
- Oversee the environmental permitting process. Working alongside key stakeholders, recommend and obtain all permits and approvals necessary to build and operate manufacturing and research facilities, including modifications to permits as necessary
- Work closely with regulatory agencies and outside specialists, and stay up-to-date with any regulatory changes that require corrective action across operations.
- Proven executive EHS leadership experience working within either a chemical manufacturing, petrochemical or industrial environment (circa. 10-15 years)
- Extensive experience overseeing and leading environmental permitting and compliance for plant operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, environmental science, or closely related field (required)
- Professional Certification CSP or QEP (preferred)
- Happy to live and work in the Shreveport, LA area - hybrid work is not available for this role