A chemical manufacturer in the Wilmington area is looking to appoint a Process Safety Engineer to support the sites PSM program. Working alongside the Engineering team, the Process Safety Specialist will lead PHAs, audit PSM systems, and identify process improvement opportunities. The Process Safety Specialist will be supported by the company-wide Process Safety team, and will be given career growth and development opportunities.
- Support site Process Safety, Engineering and Operations teams.
- Perform PHAs to ensure all processes are in compliance with OSHA PSM standards
- Provide advice and guidance on all process safety management elements
- Help develop/train in-house engineering and operations staff so that PSM practices become fully integrated as part of their area of responsibility.
- B.S. Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years PSM experience in chemical or petrochemical environment
- Must have excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Knowledge and understanding of elements of PSM