A global metals manufacturer is looking an Environmental Manager to join their team in the Augusta, GA area. This is a single -site role, where you will be responsible for ensuring environmental compliance and excellence at the plant. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role.
- Organize, implement, and audit the corporate environmental programs and strategy at the plant, ensuring compliance to all regulatory standards.
- Prepare and coordinate all environmental permits, reports and related requirements for facility.
- Complete environmental site inspections and audits providing recommendations and ensuring follow-up on corrective actions.
- Keep informed of existing and upcoming environmental regulations that may affect operational facilities.
- Act as the point of contact and subject matter expert for both regulatory agencies and operational teams.
- 5+ years of Environmental experience in either metals, chemicals, or plastics manufacturing.
- B.S. in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Strong knowledge of Air and Waste regulations and permtting.
- Knowledge of PSM management systems.
- Self-starter who is able to work autonomously.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization.