Fire Safety Officer
Part time- 24hrs a week
£20,000 - £24,000
Shirley Parsons are delighted to partner with Sevenoaks School to appoint their Fire Safety Officer. This role is a pert time position covering 24hrs per week over a 3 day period beween Monday- Friday.
The aim of the role is to drive a positive culture of health and safety, and in particular fire management, through ensuring the provision of a comprehensive and effective fire safety service across all of the school sites and buildings (including residential accommodation). The aim is to ensure that the school is a safe place to live and work and to ensure compliance with all legal regulations and responsibilities, both current and future. This will involve reviewing all relevant policies, procedures and systems to ensure that they are fit for purpose and that there is a culture of continuous improvement in all matters relating to fire.
The Fire Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Leading the continual review, development and implementation of the school's fire safety policy, practices and systems, in accordance with relevant legislation and ISI regulations.
- Supporting and promote the development of a positive fire safety culture within the school.
- Overseeing the management of all fire related signage
- Undertaking regular Fire Risk Assessments of all of the school's buildings.
- Undertaking Fire door inspections, providing reports of your findings.
- Ensure the school has enough trained Fire Marshals across the site to manage fire evacuations well.
- Oversee all fire drills / evacuations, ensuring these occur as they need to and meet the required standards. To ensure that results of these are recorded and any required actions are undertaken.
- Investigating any fire-related incidents and prepare reports and recommendations coming from the investigations.
- Managing contractors who have responsibilities for buildings in terms of fire alarms, fire extinguisher testing, emergency lighting etc.
- Inspecting school buildings and grounds for hazardous conditions and compliance / non-compliance with fire safety regulations.
- Providing assurance that the school is meeting the requirements of a landlord for the properties that they rent to staff.
- Supporting senior colleagues with critical incident planning and recovery
The Fire Safety Officer will have:
- Strong experience of managing fire issues in a complex environment.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of all legislation, standards and best practice in fire safety.
- A proven track record of providing practical solutions to fire-related issues.
- Strong IT skills e.g. use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to write and present reports.
Vacancy Owner- Kim O'Brien
Vacancy Reference: PR/027131
Vacancy Owner: Kim O'Brien | firstname.lastname@example.org | |