A specialist manufacturing company is searching for a Health & Safety Manager to join its team in Winnemucca, Nevada. The Manager will serve as a prominent leader in promoting company-wide engagement at all levels, and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with a heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Identify, develop, and deliver safety training in areas such as safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment, etc.
- Ensure the company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes.
- Ability to review existing company programs and provide updates in regard to OSHA policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, engineering or other field with applicable Safety and Health experience
- 4+ years of experience with Health & Safety, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Strong communication skills to can engage with internal & external stakeholders alike
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP); or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or other safety certification programs are preferred.