Health and Safety Manager
£50,000 - £55,000
Shirley Parsons are delighted to partner with Sevenoaks School to appoint their Health and Safety Manager.
The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety of students, staff and visitors through the continual review and development of health and safety related policy, processes and Systems. This is a wide ranging and interesting role as it covers many different types of areas e.g. classrooms, laboratories, a shooting range, a climbing wall, residential properties, swimming pool, construction and plant rooms. The role holder reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with Operations and Estates teams and many other colleagues across the School.
The Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the continual review, development and implementation of health and safety policy, practices and systems, in accordance with relevant legislation and ISI regulations. This encompasses a wide range of health and safety matters including risk assessment, PPE, COSHH, manual handling, use of specialist equipment etc.
- Working closely with the Director of Property and Estates team to offer advice and support as required on any relevant health and safety issues.
- Ensuring statutory reviewing and updating of health and safety measures in line with campus developments.
- Providing regular reviews of Risk Assessments across the school including those covering school trips and events.
The Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management, or a similar level qualification.
- Experience of driving a positive Health and Safety culture within complex organisations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing and negotiation skills.
- An ability to write well, accurately and clearly, including report writing.
- Ability to manage a complex and busy workload, prioritising appropriately whilst demonstrating good judgement and attention to detail.
Vacancy Reference: PR/027130
Vacancy Owner: Nathan Thompson | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07725258687