Junior Sustainability & Energy Advisor
*Must be professionally fluent in Dutch & English, no exceptions*
Are you early in your sustainability career and looking for an opportunity to expand your skills within a technical environment?
A global expert that offers innovative and sustainable solutions to commercial real estate is looking for a result-oriented, careful, energetic and enterprising young professional. You are intrinsically motivated to actively accelerating the transition to a climate-proof and sustainable society. You are interested in the way in which the business community, consumers and the government can achieve this.
You preferably have an energy or environmental academic background. You like to take initiative and have a broad interest in innovations in the field of sustainable energy and the business, social and political interests that play a role in the field of sustainability. You have good commercial and communication skills in both the Dutch and English language.
The Junior Sustainability & Energy Advisor will:
- Analyze energy consumption, identify trends and benchmark energy performance.
- Support on developing Net-Zero Carbon road maps at asset level;
- Conduct detailed investment-grade energy audits leading to the identification of energy conservation measures (ECM) and deep-retrofit energy interventions and structuring a financial investment business case;
- Assess opportunities for improvement and undertake energy savings calculations on energy efficiency measures and low carbon technologies;
- Liaise with suppliers to develop preliminary HVAC design;
The Junior Sustainability & Energy Advisor will have:
- Bachelor's degree in building/mechanical engineering or similar environmental discipline;
- Up to 2 years of experience (including internship) in energy efficiency and building optimization
- Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations, both in business Dutch and English;
- Knowledge of Dutch subsidies, legislation in building performance and EPC certificates is a plus
- Experience in building services and HVAC for commercial buildings is a plus
- Analytical skills to developing a consistent and scalable approach to ESG data collection, validation, and reporting;
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs;
- Proven track record for independently delivering and reviewing deliverables with minimal senior consultant oversight in at least two work streams;
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills;
What is offered?
There is a lot asked of you, but you also get a lot in return. A dynamic and varied full-time position with a lot of freedom and personal input. In addition, there is a good employment conditions scheme, including a work laptop, pension and bonus scheme and 24 vacation days for a full working week of 40 hours.
Vacancy Reference: PR/026785
Vacancy Owner: Ally Bliss | Ally.email@example.com | (+31) 20 299 1643 |