A large industrial manufacturing company is seeking a Safety Manager to lead the safety program for their facility in the Roanoke, VA area. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business and oversees a team of direct reports.
- Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the safety performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Monitors changes to all safety regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into safety management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site safety documentation to include program design, EHS data collection and posting, training documentation, and EHS KPI reports.
- 3+ years safety experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting, manufacturing preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others
- Experience developing and implementing safety programs