A leading industrial manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. EHS Specialist to be based at their 600+ employee campus in the Lansing, MI area.
Reporting into the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for managing EHS program compliance, assisting with Hazardous Waste management, air emissions, tier II reporting and DOT.
- Identifying and mitigating potential EHS risks through implementing health, safety, and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations and compliance policies.
- Managing health, safety, and environmental compliance programs, including hazardous waste management, air emissions permits, SARA Tier II reporting, Form R reporting, and other applicable programs.
- Conducting inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventive measures.
- Assisting in incident investigations and practical problem-solving
- Administering initial Workers' Compensation functions for the assigned business unit.
- Conducting safety risk assessments (JSAs) and environmental risk assessments (Aspect / Impact Analysis).
- Maintaining and managing Department of Transportation (DOT) / CDL driver files, medical physical cards, and applicable training.
- 4+ years of relevant EHS experience in a heavy manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or industrial.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific field highly preferred
- Excellent communication and leadership skills